Dorothy offers a range of consulting services that make her baby nursing expertise and experience accessible wherever you are.
You can talk to Dorothy by telephone, Skype, email and face-to-face in your own home, or using a combination that works for you.
Please choose from the below selection of services, and book online.
There is a $15 surcharge for clients based outside of New Zealand.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dorothy.
BRING DOROTHY INTO YOUR HOME – LONG DISTANCE SUPPORT
Zoom / FaceTime / WhatsApp / Skype / Phone Consultation
- 3 x video phone consultations with Dorothy, via any of the channels mentioned above (if video is not available, a phone consultation can be offered as an alternative)
- Further email support between video/phone consultations initiated by the client
- A follow-up video/phone appointment may also be booked as and when required, at Dorothy’s own discretion
- If needed, tutorials, videos and charts will also be provided to help your parenting journey
During each consultation, clients will also have time opportunity to write-up notes, ask questions and create a plan with Dorothy etc.
Additional questions after the appointment can also be emailed through to Dorothy, who will respond with possible suggestions and feedback.
What to expect
- The initial video consultation/phone call with Dorothy will take approx. two hours, dependent on each child’s needs and/or age of baby
- During this consultation you have the opportunity to record the call and also to take notes. At the end of this call you will work out where you want to go and steps you are going to take and email this back to Dorothy. This is the first step in working out a routine that works for you and your family. From here the next two calls and any other contact are based on. It is important to understand that Dorothy can not offer you a personalised plan from day 1 as she does not know you or your baby .
- The second video consultation/phone call will take place approx. ten days after the initial appointment. It will last anywhere up to an hour and you will discuss how the plan is working and what the next steps are. It is very common at this stage for parents to feel as though they haven’t made the steps in the right direction, so this is a chance to go over what is happening and amend accordingly to get things back on track.
- Finally, the third video consultation/phone call will take anywhere up to an hour. It will focus on finalising the routine that parents can work towards over the longer term.
- If you are struggling in between the first and third appointments, Dorothy offers further support via email and phone at her own discretion.
For babies under 12 weeks the first initial call may be less than an hour and if so then Dorothy will add on a fourth call to ensure you are getting the best support for your and your family.
If you’re requiring additional support following Dorothy’s Video Support Consultation, the next step will be to use the ‘Dial Dorothy’ service (see below).
One Off Long Distance Call
Approx 1 hour with 1 follow up 10 days after call
In-Home Consultation – up to four hours
** Due to COVID-19, In-Home Consultations Please email Dorothy at email@example.com for availability, OR why not bring Dorothy into your home via SKYPE/phone/WhatsApp/FaceTime calls **
Whatever your baby care concerns or questions, book an in-home consultation with me today. You will receive practical help and valuable guidance to address your issues and set you on the right path to nurture and care for your baby.
In-home consultation for two hours plus one month of ‘Dial Dorothy’
In-home consultation for four hours plus complimentary support for the ten days following.
Terms & Conditions:
Full payment or 50% deposit payable here. I will be in touch to confirm a date and time.
The remaining balance will be payable to me when I visit.
If you wish to pay the 50% balance via credit card/PayPal, please ensure tick “create an account” at checkout when you pay your deposit.
No additional charge
Cancellation of in-home consultations:
24 hours or less will incur a charge of 50% of the fee (no refund of deposit).
These will apply for destinations more than 50km outside of central Auckland (govt travel recommendations $0.79 per kilometre)
Longer duration In-home consultations are also available:
8 hours (day) = $825
10 hours (night) = $925
24 hours = $1225
Zoom / FaceTime / WhatsApp / Skype / Phone
- ‘Dial Dorothy’ is like having professional help on tap, all of the time
- It allows you to email or text Dorothy for ongoing advice, support and assistance
- Response time is within 36 hours if not quicker
$285 a month (one calendar month)
$1425 6 months (one month free)
$2500 a year (two months free)
In order to have access to the Dial Dorothy service, please note that the monthly fee must be paid in advance by the 20th of the month prior for the following month. Payment to be made by internet banking. Entitlement of unused monthly hours may be rolled over for a 12 month period* but will expire at the end of the 12 months.
What to expect and how to ‘Dial Dorothy’
- The best way to contact Dorothy is by text or email. If you prefer to speak to Dorothy, it is still preferable to text or email first so that she can formally arrange a time to speak in case she is busy with another client or unable to take a call.
On the ‘Dial Dorothy’ package, you will be able to contact Dorothy any time between 8am and 8pm Monday to Saturday inclusive. Dorothy will respond within a maximum of 36 hours but will endeavour to response earlier than this if circumstances permit .
Skype consultation + Dial Dorothy = $515
‘2 hour in-home’ + Dial Dorothy = $630
We chose the consultation plus dial Dorothy package. Dorothy phoned me within a couple of days and set me up with a routine, and then followed it up with regular emails. Her visit with us was 2 weeks later which was perfect as I’d had a really good base set up to work from and the consult was fine tuning and also bringing my husband up to date with what was happening and helping him. I think we have been following Dorothy’s advice for 4 weeks now and it has made such a difference. Our 7 month old has gone from never settling in her cot without feeding to sleep (then waking a few minutes or 45mins later, even overnight), cat napping, needing rocking to sleep… to sleeping solidly for 1.5 hours morning and afternoon, and one or two wake ups a night (sometimes more, but it used to be HOURLY overnight).
Dorothy doesn’t lie to you, there are no quick fixes but she really supports you all the way and emails to see how you are doing if she hasn’t heard from you for a few days.
You have to be ready to persevere, but it is worth it, and I really didn’t believe it would work for our baby. Her methods are gentle and supportive of positive attachments without being too airy fairy. Thanks so much Dorothy, I wish I had asked for help sooner.
Margaret Roberts – 2015
After three months of struggling with a refluxy baby, we contacted Dorothy to help us get our little man to learn how to sleep in his cot, self-settle, and sleep longer at night. During his first three months he spent most of his daytime sleeps upright in out arms due to his reflux, and at night rarely slept for longer than 2-3 hours at a time. My wife was frequently up feeding 4-5 times a night, and was exhausted. We knew we needed help.
We had an initial Skype consultation with Dorothy, followed by a month of support via email and a couple of additional Skype calls. Her nurturing approach, advice and techniques have completely transformed his sleeping patterns. We now have a more settled and happy baby, we are more productive during the day, and we all sleep for longer at night.
Dorothy’s approach is simple and easy to follow, and adapts as your baby progresses. You do need to put in hard work to establish improvements, and understand that you may not see these instantly. But Dorothy was always available supporting us and answering any questions we had. Our baby’s day time sleeping improved simply by applying Dorothy’s techniques, going from random cat-naps to longer, structured sleep. It also reduced the stress levels at home as he wasn’t constantly unhappy and tired. At night he is now regularly sleeping for 5-6 hours at a time, is much easier to resettle, and has even slept through the night twice. We have a transformed baby who actually has a routine which he is thriving on.
If you are struggling with your baby’s sleeping habits (or lack of) then we cannot recommend Dorothy highly enough.
Iain McGowan – 2015
Group Consultation/Guest Speaking
I am available for group consultations such as private coffee groups as well as guest speaking at larger events. This is a tailored service, individually designed to meet the needs of the specific group and is priced upon request.